convert stereo sound from games to 5.1?

LeipeMeuteleider

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
I have a 5.1 setup for gaming but some games like pubg only support stereo audio. all ambient noises in pubg still come through all my speakers but any directional sound comes through my front left and right speakers. can I somehow mix the channels so this directional sound is distributed across both left and both right speakers?

I have a denon x1000 amplifier hooked up to monitor audio 5.1 speakers. it's connected to my pc via HDMI.

Solution
First.
PUBG works really well with 5.1 surround. My speakers are better than my monitor for locating other players.

This worked for me but your setup is much different (and better) than mine.
I have a Logitech G5.1 system with Micca speakers as the stereo pair, connected to a Sound Blaster Z with the 3.5mm plugs.
The software that comes with the Sound Blaster is really good.
It is the only time I have heard 2 channel stereo audio converted to 5.1 surround audio and actually sound good.
One is able to adjust the amount of front-rear separation and the levels of the speakers and sub.

I hope this helps.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
First.
PUBG works really well with 5.1 surround. My speakers are better than my monitor for locating other players.

This worked for me but your setup is much different (and better) than mine.
I have a Logitech G5.1 system with Micca speakers as the stereo pair, connected to a Sound Blaster Z with the 3.5mm plugs.
The software that comes with the Sound Blaster is really good.
It is the only time I have heard 2 channel stereo audio converted to 5.1 surround audio and actually sound good.
One is able to adjust the amount of front-rear separation and the levels of the speakers and sub.

I hope this helps.

Solution