Cooler master hyper 103 new fan

Solution

My recommendation, your CPU is completely fine at 55 Celsius. You should only start to worry if it goes over 70-72 Celsius. 55 Celsius, in reality, is quite cool (when under load such as gaming). I normally would suggest you upgrade to a hyper 212 evo, but your case will not fit it. You case supports up to a 148.5 mm high cooler and the 212 Evo is 158.5 mm.

If you are insistent on lower CPU temperatures, try adding 2 more case fans, make sure you have 1-2 fans blowing air into the case and 1-2 fans blowing air out of...

iRon_Man22

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
Any specific reason you want to replace the fan? Is it failing? If so, and you still have warranty, you can contact CM support to get a replacement fan.

Besides that, any 92mm fan will fit on the heatsink (and clips)

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-103/

AMD AND INTEL

Commendable
May 17, 2016

No but i want better cooling, i am thinking about noctua nfa9 will
It fit in the clips and how to get the clips off from the old fan?
And will the noctua nf a9 be better cooling?

iRon_Man22

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
No but i want better cooling, i am thinking about noctua nfa9 will
It fit in the clips and how to get the clips off from the old fan?
And will the noctua nf a9 be better cooling?

1) You wont get much better cooling just by switching out the fans, even if it is a Noctua. I doubt you would see even a 2 degree difference. If you want better cooling, consider an AIO Water cooling loop like the corsair H100i or better. Or you could go with a better heatsink, the 212 evo or better.

2) Yes, the Noctua NF A9 will fit (since it is the same dimensions as the stock fan on it). To get the clip off of the metal fins of the cooler, you should just be able to snap it off using your finger nail. Then, to remove the clip from the stock fan, just unscrew the four screws on the top and bottom to remove the clip.

AMD AND INTEL

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Ok but i cant affort h100i and ye it eont fit in my case cooler master k350 and the cheaper cooler master seidon is not worth it so i tought fan replacement.
Can u suggest better option for under 30 euro?

iRon_Man22

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

I have a few questions first:

1) What are your CPU temperatures? Why do you think you need better cooling?
2) How many fans do you have in your case and how many does it support?
3) Are you planning on overclocking? If so, what power supply are you using?
4) What is your outdoor environment like year round? Mountains (cold)? Desert (hot)? Or moderate (normal)?

AMD AND INTEL

Commendable
May 17, 2016
I want better cooling because i5 4460 is hot cpu 55 celsius so want it back under 50.
I have cooler master k350 case and it supports 4 casefans i have 2 now
I live in the netherlands its like 30 celsius in summer.

iRon_Man22

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

My recommendation, your CPU is completely fine at 55 Celsius. You should only start to worry if it goes over 70-72 Celsius. 55 Celsius, in reality, is quite cool (when under load such as gaming). I normally would suggest you upgrade to a hyper 212 evo, but your case will not fit it. You case supports up to a 148.5 mm high cooler and the 212 Evo is 158.5 mm.

If you are insistent on lower CPU temperatures, try adding 2 more case fans, make sure you have 1-2 fans blowing air into the case and 1-2 fans blowing air out of the case. Or try your original idea to swap out the stock cooler fan for the Noctua nfa9.

Hope this helps!

Solution