Coolpix L21 won't turn on anymore.

BuBu Shofronea

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Last night, after i did some pictures, i had to send them to someone through an email. To do that i had to use the USB cable to download the photos to the computer. The problem was that the cable was broken and i had to reconnect all the wires ( twisting them up ; each color with the same color ). After i did that i connected the USB cable to an USB port from the computer and then to the camera. I pressed the 'turn on' button and the screen went black, but the button light were still there ( that green light ). I waited like 5-6 mins but nothing shown up on my computer. When i checked the camera, the green light was off. I tried more times the same thing and nothing. After i took out the cable, i tried to turn on the camera but it didn't turn on. I reconnect the cable to the camera and to the computer and it did. Then again i tried to turn on the camera and, when it turned on, the lens were stuck in there. Turned off, turned on and then it said " This card cannot be used" so i changed the card and it said the same. I tried to power it on without the Card and there was the problem with the lens which gives me an error after 3 seconds after turning on "Lens Error". After i searched on the internet for this, i let the batteries to recharge over the night, and now, in the morning, when i tried to turn on the camera again, it won't turn on, not even if i try to power it on with the USB cable. I also tried changing the batteries with 4 other types ! but didn't work...
What do i do !?

The problem was that the cable was broken and i had to reconnect all the wires ( twisting them up ; each color with the same color ). - might have something to do with it. Maybe you shorted out the camera. Recharge the battery and try again. I think you've voided the warranty.

BuBu Shofronea

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

Well, as i said, i did recharge the batteries, but i'll try again x.x

BuBu Shofronea

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

Well, i guess that too, but how do i repair it? Because i doubt a ******* USB cable could destroy an entire camera, only it's software, so how do i do a reset ?

UPDATE : So i somehow managed to turn on the camera by plugging in and out the USB Cable, but now it says "This card cannot be used". I also tried to turn it on using another card and it says the same... Japanesse cameras x.x