Copy/Paste Coming Soon to WP7, Says MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Sorta late for a new mobile operating system to take this long to implement copy and paste. My Symbian S60E5 Nokia phone has copy and paste abilities, and it is by no means a smartphone.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
ah a problem witch should not be there in the first place takes em months to fix good for you Ms, my new nokia n8 is actualy all id hoped the w7 phone should haw been. Gl whit your next phone

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Odd how Samsung managed to include copy/paste in Bada from the beginning and it isn't even supposed to be competing against WP7 and other smart phone OS'.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Um..... How is Copy/Paste new? It's currently in Windows Mobile 6.5, 6.1, and 5. Hell, it was around back in the WinCE days too. Am i missing something?

G

Isn't this a BASIC feature that should have been included to begin with?

eusebe

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Funny to see al those people crying of joy when Mr Jobs announced coppy/past abilities on their 3rd version of IOS now bashing on this announcement
Here, Microsoft did take some time to put it in their OS, but I guess they had their reasons... timing.
We need to be realistic; it takes a lot of time to create a great OS, and as sommeone said some months ago; Mircrosoft acheaved in 6months what Apple did in 5 years...
It's true that I miss some things (coppy/paste; the ablility to have folders for certain types of apps; beeing able to use my own ringtones;...) but hey, I'm not ready to change to an Iphone (that is a great phone) nor an Android.
Now, everyone has a right of opinion ;-)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
"Press the Search button in the apps or games section of Marketplace and you’ll see only apps or games in the results. Press Search in the music section of Marketplace to search just the music catalog" that IS the update they're talking about. Currently you can place yourself in apps - free and use search - and then find music and other stuff in your search results

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Mr Underhill[/nom]What a sorry, broken thing WP7 is.@eusebe: nice astroturfing.[/citation]
Based on what experience?
My trophy works just fine, the markedplace is just very limited and has an apple lack of quality feel to it

Status
Not open for further replies.