copying & watching a tv show on usb

sloshers

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I copied a tv show from my hisense tv to a blank usb no problems. However when I try to open the copied tv show on usb on a Panasonic TV (for my Mum to watch) a message comes up AUDIO CODEC & VIDEO CODEC NOT SUPPORT. Can anyone tell me why please. Thanx Sher

Audio and Video are stored in diverse formats and the software that understand them is called a CODEC.

The operative word is DIVERSE. What is supported in one TV#1 may not be supported by TV#2. Annoying? yes, but that's real world.

So what to do you may ask? Before you can play such video on TV#2, you will be required to convert (switch format) said file. This will be a manual procedure on your PC, and you must find the appropriate converter app on your own. The conversion typically takes minutes to hours depending on your PC's power

This is just &^%$* you say. Well yes, TV vendors are only interested to sell you the TV by citing "this TV can do this and can do that" but they never promise you what this TV can do will be compatible with TV#2, specially if this is a competitor's TV.

So what the rest of us do you may ask? If we have such a need, we make sure the said TV can record to one of the standard formats like H.264, or we have a dedicated PC driving TV#2, because with a PC, you can just INSTALL the missing CODEC required, with a TV, you can't.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
ya, I think if you use a computer or laptop and use vlc player you may get to watch your shows vlc is pretty poplar don't guess I ever had something not be able to play through it [using the tv as the monitor if it supports pc use ]

sloshers

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

97292lucky

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017

download a video converter and covert the video format and try it.