Corner Wall Mount Help Needed? (60 inch TV)

jdkpa

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
I need to find the proper wall mount. Have never hung a TV before.

Just bought a 60" samsung TV which weighs 52 lbs. VESA 400x400 Compatible. Want to mount it in corner, which would I assume mean once hung, there will be a 1 to 2 foot gap from the middle of the back of the TV to the corner?

Would the mount be fasted on both side of the corner - or fastened on just one side and it would "swing" to the corner position?

Seems to be many corner friendly mounts to choose from. Is there one someone recommends which can support a 60 inch corner mount? I am not sure if all mounts are made with the same material. Obviously I don't want my TV to sag after a few months. Thank you!

MrTechie

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
What you are looking for is called an articulating mount. Sometimes they call it a full motion mount. Since your tv is 52 pounds you need to make sure you buy a quality wall mount. One of the best tv mounts I have purchased is from Loctek. I will put an ebay link to the product I am thinking of below:

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loctek-L8-Full-Motion-Articulating-Swivel-LCD-LED-Plasma-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket-/181701243557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4e3cf2a" </a>

I like the Loctek brand, as I said, because of the quality, but if you go to the ebay link you'll see they have pictures showing why their stuff will hold up through the test of time, like stronger wall screws.

To answer your other question, you have to mount the bracket into studs in your wall. So it needs to be flush against one wall and then you swivel the tv to face wherever you want.

Good luck.