Solved! Corrupted Memory Card

haziq_yusof

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I just got back from some short roadtrip with my friends and I'm using nikon d7100 to take photos . During the roadtrip, I tried to view all the photos using my surfacebook and noticed that there is unreadable folder/weird name folder in the memory card and I only can view half of the photos that I took during the roadtrip. I put the memory card in my dslr and view them , and only half of the photo can be view. However, when I use my friend's sony mirrorless camera, and I can view all the photos in the memory card. But when I got back home, the whole pictures in my DCIM folder gone and I there is no photos at all but the memory usage of the memory card is not 0 , which means i assume the photos is still there . Is there any software that could fix this issue ? Is there any other way to fix this without using software like recuva, easeus or recoverPRO ?

Solution
Backup all the images you can. Then you can try one of the recovery programs you mentioned. There is no way to fix corruption in place without putting the images at risk for deletion or being over-written.

bjornl

Estimable
Backup all the images you can. Then you can try one of the recovery programs you mentioned. There is no way to fix corruption in place without putting the images at risk for deletion or being over-written.

Solution