Corsair Vengeance 1500 or better?

varthshenon

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
So yeah I'm thinking to change from speaker user to headset user.
I currently have Creative T3 (With cheap bennic pro speaker for rear). It's good IMHO, but as I'm living in a dorm I can't use it out loud every time. It's kind of annoying to have someone knocking your door asking to turn down the volume. Or I'm the annoying one to disturbing them.

My preference

I'm using it for :
15% music
35% game
50% movie

Using Realtek ALC889 (I don't have discrete sound card).
I love surround sound.
I (might) need MIC

I've read some review and found tom's one recommending Corsair Vengeance 1500 tho' it's 2012.

Solution
surround sound can be awesome for movies designed with that in mind, but honestly a well balanced stereo model will pay back in dividends, even in gaming.

definitely look at the ATH-M50 - one of the staple midrange monitor headphones, and tough to beat at its price range. it has a very balanced soundstage

http://www.headset-ratings.com/audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-studio-headphones/

happy listening

cheers
personally i'd sugest a HQ set of stereo studio headphones.

if you get something like audiotechnica ath-m50s they would work without an amplifier (only 35ohm i believe) yet sound great. not surround sound though.

cant really help you if you want surround sound but can say that the surround sound sets really arent the same as regular surround sound.

varthshenon

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

As long as the sound can be noticed where it come from, especially for gaming. I always rely the audio to detect anything inside the game.

Anyway, added MIC in first post.

fyi.. its against the rules to bump posts.

its better to include some more information on what you like the looks of or what you've tried out already to add on to the thread but not just to bump. just letting you know before a mod sees it :)

also... perhaps the reason why you arent getting an answer is because you posted this in home audio instead of perepherals. just a thought. perhaps you can pm a mod to move it for you.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
surround sound can be awesome for movies designed with that in mind, but honestly a well balanced stereo model will pay back in dividends, even in gaming.

definitely look at the ATH-M50 - one of the staple midrange monitor headphones, and tough to beat at its price range. it has a very balanced soundstage

http://www.headset-ratings.com/audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-studio-headphones/

happy listening

cheers

Solution