Absolutely insane static when running games/listening/producing music through USB Audio Interface in new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microvolt52

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
So over four years ago I bought an Alienware x51, it served me well for a very long time, I used it as my main production/gaming PC until like 2 days ago. I had my two Yamaha HS5s hooked up to a behringer Uphoria 404hd, and that, via USB connected to my PC. I still have that same setup, but a new system. I re-used my 1060, the SSD, and my hard drive, but I bought a Ryzen 5 1600, MSI Tomahawk, 16gb Corsair vengeance DDR4 RGB ram, a Phantex p400s, and a 500w EVGA 80+ white PSU. Once I installed all the parts I proceeded to uninstall/install all required drivers, including the behringer 404 one. However, on this system, even though it's hooked up to the same surge protector that my Alienware was at, there is this absolutely unbearable hum/high pitched static. I've tried different combinations of mouse, keyboard, AI (audio interface) none worked plugged into the back. I used different USB cables, I tried also using the 5v adapter of the AI (as opposed to just the USB). Just in case I had a ground loop, I tried having everything plugged in together in the same power strip, I also tried having them apart in separate outlets. All the static remains. I know it's something with the USB, as I can use the mixer with a quarter inch input just fine, no static.

My Alienware never had this issue, (it has an external power supply, maybe that's something). I threw in my old motherboard/CPU/RAM to see if maybe it was that, but the static remained.

If I run a more demanding game, the humming gets louder and louder umtill it overcomes the game audio. I've also checked the bit rate within the UMC control panel and that did nothing. Another interesting thing is that there is zero static when using the 1/4inch jack on the mixer. What should I do? I can't produce without working speakers, and I'd like to play bf without the sound being overtaken by static.

I'm extremely thankful for any help I can get!

Thanks,

Juan

[UPDATE]

Just plugged in my headphones to the left speaker 1/4 inch output, no static. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that the monitors are powered?

Adjusting the volume on the 404 does nothing for the static. :/

Just brought down my friend's PC, plugged in the speakers, same results. So it's not the PSU. Just so you all know, the power draw of both systems are significantly higher than that of my old Alienware. Alienware got 330w, my new one and my uncle's is 500w, 450w respectively.

SPECS:

COMPUTER:

Ryzen 5 1600

EVGA GTX 1060 SSC

16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM 3000MHZ

MSI TOMAHAWK B350

EVGA 500W 80+ White PSU

128GB KIngston SSD

1TB WD Blue

Phanteks Eclipse P400S

Razer Ouroboros

Razer Blackwidow

SOFTWARE:

Windows 10 Home

Behringer UMC Control Panel/Driver (newest version)

Razer Synapse

EVGA Precision X

Corsair Link

Netgear Network adapter

AUDIO:

Behringer U-Phoria 404HD

Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitors

Audio Technica M50x

Audio Technica ATR2500-USB mic

Yamaha SY-55 Synthesizer

Microvolt52

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

That can't be it, the drivers I installed were of the CD that was included with the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.