Could my TV be dying

nms71

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I got a Vizio two years ago and a few days ago when I was looking at cable I was getting this grey box that started from the top of the screen all the way to the botton. Maybe two inches of the showing was showing on left/right sides. I turn TV off and restart and got this funky pattern that i am including. Also when I was playing my ps4 there was really bad flickers in the upper left hand corner when I was in a very bright area of the game I was playing. Does this sound like it's dying?
https://postimg.org/image/v28hedzj7

Solution
if you meaning "dying" as totally broken... no. Is it repairable?.... likely. You can start by taking the back off and checking to ensure all the cabling is properly seated. If that doesn't get good results, then the next likely candidate is the tcon card. They usually can be had at a place like shipjimmy.com for less than $100.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
if you meaning "dying" as totally broken... no. Is it repairable?.... likely. You can start by taking the back off and checking to ensure all the cabling is properly seated. If that doesn't get good results, then the next likely candidate is the tcon card. They usually can be had at a place like shipjimmy.com for less than $100.

Solution