Solved! Cpu pavillion dv6000

Solution
Well, the BIOS runs off the mainboard. Once it boots into windows the GPU takes over. I just watched a repair on youtube where the tech actually took a torch & heated up the NVIDIA GPU, re assembled the notebook & it took care of the black screen. He just put aluminum around the GPU to protect the surrounding board from heat & once he heated it for about 10 seconds, he took a damp cloth & cooled off everything. I did read however that a heatgun is better to use so you don't damage the mainboard. For some reason the dv6000's are having graphics problems.
Let me ask you this. Have you tried to use the FN key & press the "F4" at the same time with a external monitor hooked up? Next, did you do any graphics updates or BIOS updates prior to...

danmax

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008
Well, the BIOS runs off the mainboard. Once it boots into windows the GPU takes over. I just watched a repair on youtube where the tech actually took a torch & heated up the NVIDIA GPU, re assembled the notebook & it took care of the black screen. He just put aluminum around the GPU to protect the surrounding board from heat & once he heated it for about 10 seconds, he took a damp cloth & cooled off everything. I did read however that a heatgun is better to use so you don't damage the mainboard. For some reason the dv6000's are having graphics problems.
Let me ask you this. Have you tried to use the FN key & press the "F4" at the same time with a external monitor hooked up? Next, did you do any graphics updates or BIOS updates prior to the screen problem? Last if you have another CPU, try it. Sometimes you don't get any "Beeps" during POST. I had a Toshiba that I had to switch out the CPU because of the same thing.

Solution