Crazy Adware problem in fresh install of windows

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

drarkayl

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
I recently got a brand new sandisk SSD.

I already have windows installed on my current HDD but i wanted to install OS and games on the SSD and keep the HDD for storage.

So i disconnected my HDD and attaching the SSD i did a clean install of windows 8.1

NO programs installed or anything like brand new windows i have this annoying redirect adware
(google 'trade exchange adware')
right from the start

I tried wiping and reinstalling but its there again right from the first time i log in.

There are no browser extensions , no crappy toolbars nothing , completely empty c drive.

Can my SSD have some kind of default virus or something?
i know it sounds stupid but how can this exist on a brand new windows?

this is the only drive connected to the system so theres no other way for the malware to enter.

I tried installing with and without an internet connection, no luck.

Please help me out.

drarkayl

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

well I'm assuming it is my ssd since my hard disk is and has been working fine since ages(currently using the OS on the hdd) . I have installed a number of OS's on it and they have worked fine, no virus. So I don't think it's my BIOS.

what seems to bug me is how is such kind of a thing happening with a brand new ssd. Sandisk are a very reputable company. I guess we'll know when I get my replacement ssd and test it again.