Solved! Crazy. Black screen

shazzerre

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
My HP notebook will not show anything on the display. It was working just fine last night. When I woke up, I typed in my password for just a second I saw the web pages that I had opened previously before I went to sleep. I didn't see the cursor and I couldn't get it into view if it was there I tried ctrl-alt-delete. Fail. I tried taking the battery out and hold power 10 seconds or 30, plug the power supply in tried turning it fail. all there was was lights by the power supply slot and on the F12 key. There was no fan sound just the sound of the disk drive, then it holding down the windows icon with the letter b and then hitting the power button for just a second while continuing to hold the windows icon button and the B button and the beep never did come and there are no flashing lights just saw the lights by the the power supply slot and the F12 key. I tried hooking it to an external display. fail. I tried turning it off then turning it on and continuously pushing the f11 key no screen for Recovery came up. I bought this HP Laptop touch screen new a couple of weeks ago I bought this HP laptop touchscreen new a couple of weeks ago and it was just working before I went to sleep and then when I woke up it it did what I've been explaining. help please! Thank you

Solution
If you hooked up the external display while the laptop was on, I would suggest trying it while the laptop is turned completely off, then turn on the external monitor and then finally turn on the laptop.

If you still can't see on the external monitor, then your graphics card/GPU is probably going to need replacing, which means your motherboard may need replacing as well.
If you hooked up the external display while the laptop was on, I would suggest trying it while the laptop is turned completely off, then turn on the external monitor and then finally turn on the laptop.

If you still can't see on the external monitor, then your graphics card/GPU is probably going to need replacing, which means your motherboard may need replacing as well.

Solution