create a batch file to automate a a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilapontes

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
go to MySql open a specific query, pause, enter date, run, export file to EXCEL and open file to allow user to save this file, run to open ACCESS, import exported EXCEL file to a specif table, pause to allow user to edit data and then when user closes table run series of ACCESS queries; open a specific EXCEL workbook, past queries results to a specific location, pause, enter data from user, save, open 3 other EXCEL files that are linked to the 1st one opened, save all and close

Lilapontes

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Hi, thanks for replying to my posting. I'm not very familiar with VBA code, but if you could give me only a few hints on how to do it, I'm sure I will be able to. All I need is a couple of examples to go by. CAn you help me? I've never done it, I used to do all this is Dbase4... i thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with

USAFRet

Illustrious
Looking at your chain of events, "a few hints" probably won't get you to the end result.

But...using Access as the main brain:
You can Link multiple external data sources (MySQL and Excel), and Access sees them as mostly internal tables.
Queries can be created to read those, filter for only the data needed, and output as required.

Lilapontes

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Lilapontes

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
We just upgrade from Windows XP to windows 7 last week, I'm getting used to the new applications, I am going to try and see if I can do it and if I have problem with it, can i get your help in trying to solve them? thank you SOOOO much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.