Create Your Dragon Age Character in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It only takes you an hour, eh? I usually end up creating and recreating my character and going through the first part of the game a gazillion times before I'm satisfied. Pre-creating my character would help some, but if I don't like playing the actual game with it, then it's all for naught.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I made a couple characters yesterday. It's cool of them to release this, not quite as cool as a demo, but it's hard to make demos that represent well a lengthy rpg that focuses on story and character development more than anything, so this will have to do.

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
Good way to get people interested in the game. I usually enjoy character creation for RPGs- with Oblivion being a HUGE exception. And the leveling in that game is also terrible. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

kenjiuchimura

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
The combat system irks me. It's basically using an MMO style messy/technical system that lacks in finesse. MMOs really suffer when it comes to combat in my opinion and its in severe need of improvement.

However, the voice acting is has some pretty good quality in this game and can pull you in. I also liked the console adaptations of Baldur's Gate, so I may try it.

G

One downside to using the character creator: EA gets to spy on you. If you read the agreement before installing, EA is allowed to collect usage statistics and hardware information. Monitoring the network during use of the character creator confirms SSL-encrypted data being sent to EA.

BioWare may make awesome games, however EA is anything but awesome.

G

EA has been "spying" with their products for years. This is nothing new. And nothing to put a tinfoil hat on about.

Intel_Hydralisk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
I read the PC Only statements and got confused considering videogame news is by and large taken as PC only. Then I saw who the author was. Oh it all makes sense.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Downloaded it and it gives allot of customization of the character but only three races to choose from and not many classes either. But it does branch out later when you level up from what I could figure out.
Compare to NWN2 that has so many choices it can almost overwhelm at first.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
When're they gonna make a character creation system that can generate some realistic long hair? I'm so sick of the pseudo-mullet (KOTOR I & II, Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc)... I had do make do with the "chin length braids down the sides of the face," get up, not a horrible look, but really? ... it's hardly a substitute for some some serious, thrash-about, head-bangin' quality, down the upper-back locks... Havoc can handle the physics, I'm sure... How'm I supposed to properly immerse myself in a Tolkien-esque fantasy if my alter ego's hair (an Elf, for Chrissake) is shorter than my own? heh heh heh

G

I agree. There needs to be more long hair option in these games. I like to make my character look like myself, so it's weird not having more choices than "the bob" or "poorly washed bob". I get it, fighting with long hair would be a pain in the ass, gives an enemy something to hold on to, but I mean, really? Do we have to use that as an excuse in every game? I mean, look at Morrigan, she's got her chesticles hanging out. Tell me that's safe. Tell me that's not a possibility of demonic leverage. Yeah, someone has to be the hot female poster child, but that doesn't mean you should rebuke the long hair because "it's not sensible."
Mass effect is understandable, you're technically enrolled in the Marines, so you do have standards when it comes to hair. THAT is realistic.
Just give me an appropriate hair length, and I will be more than satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.