Creative surround sound system dead

jayjay291077

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hi All,

quick question, my creative surround sound system (A250 5.1 Surround sound) )has decided to give up the ghost of life, won't turn on at all, when I plug it in and try to turn on form the wired volume switch nothing happens,

have changed the fuse in the plug, can't see a fuse anywhere else - so my question is two fold, one is there an internal fuse within the sub that might have blown and 2) is there any way to bypass the sub and use the speakers directly via the MB?

Solution
There is often a fuse in the sub, yes.

I can't open the site for some reason at work, but do a web search for Creative A250 sub fuse, it's the first link.
You can't use the satellite speakers on their own because they are not powered. If you attach them to a small amp you could, but then you may as well just get a new set of speakers instead of buying an amp and not having the sub to use anyway.

There is often a fuse in the sub, yes.

I can't open the site for some reason at work, but do a web search for Creative A250 sub fuse, it's the first link.
You can't use the satellite speakers on their own because they are not powered. If you attach them to a small amp you could, but then you may as well just get a new set of speakers instead of buying an amp and not having the sub to use anyway.

Solution

jayjay291077

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
think the sub has gone to silicon heaven, unscrewed it and it looks like one of the capacitors has blown and there is scorching around the bottom and black stuff burnt on it looks like