Criminals Target Netflix Users Via Microsoft Flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
"If a user clicks on one of these malicious ads, he or she gets redirected to another malicious banner ad, and from there..."

So, moral of the story: don't click on advertisements. Already safe then.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
And the moral of the story is to use noscript or a similar blocker to never see ads.
While noscript is good I think the addon you where think is Adblock to never see the ads.
Every time I think of letting them appear something like this appears. If adds where just a picture that would be okay but they want to runs scripts. Which can do anything you can do so no, no ads for me until you can guaranty what you serve up is 100% safe.

derekullo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
And the moral of the story is to use noscript or a similar blocker to never see ads.
While noscript is good I think the addon you where think is Adblock to never see the ads.
Every time I think of letting them appear something like this appears. If adds where just a picture that would be okay but they want to runs scripts. Which can do anything you can do so no, no ads for me until you can guaranty what you serve up is 100% safe.

noscript blocks everything by default ... including scripts, flash and java

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Okay this is my BIGGEST pet peeve is those users won't know the difference. They don't have any clue as to what is the problem. A pop up saying it needs this to continue so they can't reach the website will do so.

That is the scheme the malware authors pray on. End users won't know the difference until the PC starts acting weird.

This happens to a small percentage o f users and those are the ones we have to deal with. Rest of them can tell the difference which is a good thing.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Folks... regardless on how each website employ's it's own password protection scheme you should NEVER EVER use the same user ID and password on another website. If you can't manage password then use third party software like keepass.

If you did use simple passwords and same user ID everywhere else you deserve for the accounts get hacked. This is NOT the fault of the website as it did warn you NOT to use same user ID and password on another website.

You know, it's funny..... I used a 8 letter password on numerous websites for... 10 years now. Not one hack. Sure, on more important websites I use a stronger password but on those websites in question? Not ONE hack getting my password and those are some very popular websites.

I'm thinking this is more "The companies in question need to tighten and be constantly testing their security!" rather than a "The customer needs to use stronger passwords!" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.