Solved! Cross over problem

Nov 2, 2018
Hi, I'm Mark, I'm also having an issue.
I have a 16ohms amplifier Denon,
2 speakers Bose 301 iii,
(Each speaker box has one 8ohms woofer, two tweeters)
The tweeters burned so I romoved them and replaced with one dual cone 6ohms tweeter.
So I redesigned the box. Which now has one 8ohms woofer and one 6ohms tweeter.

When constructing this I used a 2way crossover which is marked 5v 10ohms.
When i fixed this to my new speaker box. The sound output became low. O have to increase the volume allotin the amplifier.
Without the crossover the speakers are nice and louder.

Can u advice me? Shall I romoved the crossover ?
The reason why I used a cross over was to protect the speakers.

Solution
There's nothing wrong with having to turn the volume control higher to get the same volume so long as you don't clip the amp. The distortion will damage the tweeters.
Did you try using the original crossover?
A 10ohm load will require more power than an 8 ohm load and your new tweeter might need more power than the original two tweeters.
You do need a crossover for proper sound and protection. Bose wired a 6 or 8 volt light bulb in series with the tweeters to keep them from blowing up.
There's nothing wrong with having to turn the volume control higher to get the same volume so long as you don't clip the amp. The distortion will damage the tweeters.
Did you try using the original crossover?
A 10ohm load will require more power than an 8 ohm load and your new tweeter might need more power than the original two tweeters.
You do need a crossover for proper sound and protection. Bose wired a 6 or 8 volt light bulb in series with the tweeters to keep them from blowing up.

Solution