Crysis 2 Teaser Shown in Times Square NYC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Crysis even updated to warhead has always been a terrible benchmark of any kind dx9 or dx10 due to problems with bad optimization within the engine itself.
cryengine 3's ability to run with very good graphics on consoles is a testament to its massive optimizations over cryengine 2 and the developers have even stated that it will be capable of the same graphics levels as crysis on ultra while having lower system reqs while being on a lower quality setting, so hopefully we should see a very pretty game without their being another bout of.... "but can it play crysis(2)"

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]cryengine 3's ability to run with very good graphics on consoles is a testament to its massive optimizations over cryengine 2 and the developers have even stated that it will be capable of the same graphics levels as crysis on ultra[/citation]
Crysis 2 on consoles will NOT look like Crysis PC on Ultra. It won't even look like Crysis PC on High.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Isn't this still released by EA? That means either their limit-install SecuROM or their Always LIVE-internet connection required for play.

They can keep it.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Isn't this still released by EA? That means either their limit-install SecuROM or their Always LIVE-internet connection required for play.They can keep it.[/citation]
I hope you are wrong but sadly it may come true and I will not touch it then. Their loss not mine, plenty of other games if EA wants to go Draconian on DRM.

tony singh

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Man..computer hardware grows so fast...our hard earned money gives us the hard ware which goes to gutter after 2-3 years..Damn...

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Chris_TC[/nom]Crysis 2 on consoles will NOT look like Crysis PC on Ultra. It won't even look like Crysis PC on High.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k[/citation]

i was referring to the PC's implementation and that the optimizations to the engine has allowed a console version to be created in the first place, plus i also stated being able to run with very good graphics then referred to the comparison with crysis i also mentioned system requirements which you just don't do when talking about consoles, cant people learn to read and quote properly... seriously

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Crysis / Crysis Warhead + realistic damage (not a 60 round clip in one random Vietnamese dude) + Good story = EPIC GAME.I'm sorry Crysis was a fun benchmark, but a mediocre game that wasn't very memorable for anything except bad damage stats, bad AI, and pretty graphics.[/citation]
sounds pretty memorable to me...

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Mauller07[/nom]i was referring to the PC's implementation and that the optimizations to the engine has allowed a console version to be created in the first place, plus i also stated being able to run with very good graphics then referred to the comparison with crysis i also mentioned system requirements which you just don't do when talking about consoles, cant people learn to read and quote properly... seriously [/citation]
cant people learn to write properly punctuation and all that you know what i mean

I misinterpreted your statement then. But that's because you talked about consoles and Ultra quality in the very same sentence. Read the passage I had quoted, and maybe you'll understand that it is your way of expressing yourself that causes the confusion.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
First they showed the table with pictures, and papers, and started backing up, and it looked like it was real, and then when I seen the street and the buildings I knew it was crysis, and it looks way better then the screen shots.

Then I seen the dudes big muscular anus bending down and all gay up in my face and i'm like WTF!!?? LOL why did they end it like that? Must be trying to get the female crowd or something, win the chicks over.

Please don't ever do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.