current switch for subwoofer build possible?

Steven20151991

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
i built a subwoofer for use with my surround sound with 1300w sub, 1100w amp and 12v 30a dc psu. is there a switch to turn the psu on and off when current though low level line is not present like my receiver does after 15mins. it works great as is and @$100 for the build is awesome but uses power when not on because theirs no switch at all right now also like to extend the life span of the converter

doolittle

Distinguished
There are cheap energy saving surge protectors that use a "master" outlet to control several other outlets on / off like this one that has 7 outlets total - 2 always-on outlets and 4 outlets that are controlled by a master outlet. It has an adjustable threshold that should make it work with your AVR and sub amp nicely.

I should get one, currently my DIY home sub using a 1100w car amp and a PC power supply I use the PSU on/off to power it manually!

Steven20151991

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

thanks, looks like a great solution and able to add to my system in the future

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Audio 1
Htet Naing Tun Audio 3
6 Audio 2
J Audio 1
E Audio 1
N Audio 5
S Audio 2
X Audio 4
S Audio 3
B Audio 1
B Audio 4
TheCheapGamer Audio 1
M Audio 1
R Audio 2
H Audio 2
T Audio 6
I Audio 5
Q Audio 6
M Audio 2
S Audio 9
Similar threads
Solved! Get migraines with current headset due to over heating and need a replacement
Will soundbar be better than my current logitech z506 at playing music?
How to convert coaxial hook up to regular plug house current
My itunes on my laptop is connected via airport express to my analog stereo system. It has 3 zones and is currently controlled
RCA high current discrete amplifier glitch.
Do new 4k gaming monitors hook up to old receivers? (currently hooked up to hdtv) Thanks!
How do I set up Vizio soundbar 3851(no HDMI ) to Apple TV and my samsung TV through a cable box. Currently I have the TV wor
Comfortable Gaming Headphone or Assistance With Current One
Audio-Technica AT2020, What do I need and will I be able to use it with my current setup?
I currently have he ATH-M30x by audio technica looking to upgrade.
How can I connect a sub to my current 2.0 system?
Currently have Microlab 2.1 ,looking at getting something more powerful.
Which headset should I get. The sennheiser g4me zero or the turtle beach ear force bravo? I am currently using a turtle beach
how can i get sound from my xbox 1? I am currently connect to a monitor with only DVI connector which ive got an Hdmi to Dvi c
Connecting my TC Electronic M One XL to my current rig
Sick of my current headset, need some advice.
What is most house current efficient way to power computer fans without a computer?
Is it SAFE to connect a pair of speakers in my current 2.1?
Currently looking for the best audio quality from headphones - help!
Will sound card improve quality? (Current setup: Bookshelf -> Amplifier -> Toslink -> Motherboard)

ASK THE COMMUNITY