current switch for subwoofer build possible?

Steven20151991

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
i built a subwoofer for use with my surround sound with 1300w sub, 1100w amp and 12v 30a dc psu. is there a switch to turn the psu on and off when current though low level line is not present like my receiver does after 15mins. it works great as is and @$100 for the build is awesome but uses power when not on because theirs no switch at all right now also like to extend the life span of the converter

Solution
There are cheap energy saving surge protectors that use a "master" outlet to control several other outlets on / off like this one that has 7 outlets total - 2 always-on outlets and 4 outlets that are controlled by a master outlet. It has an adjustable threshold that should make it work with your AVR and sub amp nicely.

I should get one, currently my DIY home sub using a 1100w car amp and a PC power supply I use the PSU on/off to power it manually!
There are cheap energy saving surge protectors that use a "master" outlet to control several other outlets on / off like this one that has 7 outlets total - 2 always-on outlets and 4 outlets that are controlled by a master outlet. It has an adjustable threshold that should make it work with your AVR and sub amp nicely.

I should get one, currently my DIY home sub using a 1100w car amp and a PC power supply I use the PSU on/off to power it manually!

Solution

Steven20151991

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

thanks, looks like a great solution and able to add to my system in the future