Cursor gets captured! (Toshiba Satellite)

Feb 18, 2018
This is pretty odd... but from time to time my cursor gets 'captured' in a small box on the lower left of the screen. Sometimes the box releases back to normal, sometimes it just stays in the box. Only solution is to reboot.

Not sure what to do to fix this. It does not happen 100% of the time and does not seem related to any particular program or system action. The cursor just pops down to a little box on the bottom left and wants to stay there.

Solution
likely an issue with your trackpad. possibly a bad driver or a sticky connection in the pad.
if its a sticky connection on the pad. try rubbing your finger across all areas of the pad while you have a mouse plugged it.
if it free's up then quickly go into device manager and disable to tracking pad. this wont fix the error as it means the pad has a physical problem. but it will stop it...

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
likely an issue with your trackpad. possibly a bad driver or a sticky connection in the pad.
if its a sticky connection on the pad. try rubbing your finger across all areas of the pad while you have a mouse plugged it.
if it free's up then quickly go into device manager and disable to tracking pad. this wont fix the error as it means the pad has a physical problem. but it will stop it...

Solution
Feb 18, 2018

Thanks. I plugged in a mouse and disabled the trackpad. That solves 80%. Problem still happens sometimes, but at least I can get a few more miles out of the machine.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
saying as it didnt completely solve it, its not the route cause of the problem... i just wanted you to disable the pad to diagnose which was the issue as the pad is the lesser loss...

now i want you to disable to on screen touch and re-enable the track pad.
you will likely find the issue is completely gone. but it does mean the screen touch is failing.

Feb 18, 2018