sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I live in Bradenton, Fl. Is there any actual way of receiving TV without paying the exorbitant fees that cable companies charge? My cable bill is higher than my electric bill. I tried the CLEARVIEW antenna. I couldn't get a single channel with it. Any suggestions or discussions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
OTA or a streaming service might fit your needs. Dish and Direct get you in the end as well.

I would assume you would have no issue getting the Tampa OTA broadcasts. Have you considered a different antenna?

For example: http://www.gomohu.com/

sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Buying one of these antennas is risky. I paid fifty bucks for a Clearview antenna that got me exactly zero channels. A guarantee means nothing because all the time and effort to order one of these antennas just to find out it doesn't work is frustrating. Some of these products can cost as much as a hundred and fifty bucks. I've heard that some of the newer TV's come with built in antennas. Do you know if any of these TVs like Samsung with the built ins actually work? I'd just as soon buy a new TV as pay $150 for an antenna. Thanks!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
BTW, after connecting the Clearview antenna, did you auto-program the TV to scan for channels and save them to the TV's memory? Not trying to insult your intelligence, but folks often fail to scan for available channels. Digital TV is a bit more complicated than the days of old with standard UHF/VHF channels.

sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah! I read the instructions about four times, and auto programmed about the same. I should have read some reviews before I ordered the damn thing. It seems like most of these antennas are a scam. They get people to buy them and hope they don't ask for a refund. I'm pretty tech savvy. I've been building my own computers for fifteen years.