Surround sound system with Firestick?

Feb 14, 2018
I have a Sony Home Theatre System #BDV-E770W/T77 and a Philipps TV model # 37PFL5322D.
The TV has only 2 HDMI inputs and HDMI #1 is being used for the Firestick. The TV does not have a connection for an optical cable for audio.
How can I connect the sound system and still use the Firestick?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

hang-the-9

Titan

That is why I said you need an adapter/converter for the connection you have. Possibly something like this https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Toslink-Digital-Connectors-Strain-Relief/dp/B00T8HWUVS/ref=pd_sim_23_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00T8HWUVS&pd_rd_r=KGJZW552TW0CEKEH4VDE&pd_rd_w=726qK&pd_rd_wg=Kfsky&psc=1&refRID=KGJZW552TW0CEKEH4VDE

Need to check with the TV manual or their support site to check exactly what you may need for that set.

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for your help! The TV does have a SPDIF / OUT...but the shape of the connector is not the same. Will not fit. Still lost on this.

hang-the-9

Titan

That is why I said you need an adapter/converter for the connection you have. Possibly something like this https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Toslink-Digital-Connectors-Strain-Relief/dp/B00T8HWUVS/ref=pd_sim_23_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00T8HWUVS&pd_rd_r=KGJZW552TW0CEKEH4VDE&pd_rd_w=726qK&pd_rd_wg=Kfsky&psc=1&refRID=KGJZW552TW0CEKEH4VDE

Need to check with the TV manual or their support site to check exactly what you may need for that set.

TV has coax digital audio output.
HTS has optical digital audio input.
You need a converter like this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002J2MV4/ref=asc_df_B0002J2MV45372113/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395009&creativeASIN=B0002J2MV4&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193992629021&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15234805489424919322&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004455&hvtargid=pla-311402128243
These usually work in one direction so you can't use optical to coax. You will also need a toslink optical audio cable and a single RCA digital audio cable. All composite video cables will work for this. Most audio cables will work too.
Check the TV manual on how to set up the digital audio out. You may need to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type to get it working.

Feb 14, 2018

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
kaishlothon Streaming Video & TVs 4
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 4