Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 Constantly Crashing

Beadarrian

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I own PowerDirector 11 and it has never crashed once.

I bought PowerDirector 13 today and it crashes roughly every 2 minutes. Here is some more info:
- It crashes randomly, no one action within the software causes it to crash.
- Crashing it not due to running out of RAM. I have been monitoring it in windows Resource Monitor that you can access through the task manager. (I have 16 gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury RAM)
- My computer is definitely capable of running any video editing software.
- My graphics card has the most up-to-date driver.
- My PowerDirector 13 is the most up-to-date version.
- Many people own this software and have not had any issues.

There is some basic info. If anyone has any suggestions at all I would be grateful. I have a sinking suspicion that this software is just flat out broken. But due to the semi-popularity of the software and the complete lack of any other posts about it crashing I am holding on to at least a little hope.

Anyway if anyone with any kind of information on this topic could post it I would appreciate it. While I love the new features of this version if there is no fix I need to know soon so that I can get a refund.

tpallred

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Not a solution but just throwing this out in case it helps someone else come up with an answer. The only time PD13 crashes on me is when I'm using reverse video (Power Tools) clips. It also has skipping and freezing in preview (although the audio plays correctly during these times) with reversed or time-compressed clips. Cyberlink's support suggestion was to make sure everything is updated but that is already the case. Good luck.

tpallred

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015

Did you try the Cyberlilnk PowerDirector forum? More likely to get an answer there.