Cyborg Unplug Finds and Boots Google Glass Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Turning off the devices Wi-fi deos not stop it recording anyway?

In news just in people have a memory so if your "showing to much" the guy or even lady can "taking a little bit home for later" anyway. Why is it always creepy men or is it okay form women do what every they like.

If your problem is "Now rather than just be suspicious of Google Glassers grabbing unwanted underwear shots users can plug the tiny Cyborg Unplug into the wall and feel creeper free." maybe you should wear a bit more unless Google Glasses got an x-ray upgrade when on Wi-Fi.

Tom Ward

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Yea, what a pointless device.

These days a person can hide dozens of cameras on their person and record from every possible direction around them without anyone noticing. You shouldn't be concerned about the person who wears an obvious one on their face, you have to assume you are always being recorded. It sucks but it's the world we live in

TerryFawkes

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Yea, what a pointless device.

IT'S NOT POINTLESS!!! MUST STOP THE PERVS!

So, uh... Why is your private WiFi network providing access to random strangers? And where do I plug one of these into to hijack the train's WiFi?

Has Tom's gone to hell since I last used to visit years ago?

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Well. I keep all my connections hard-lined.
Wi-Fi is a comodity, and as such comes with the price of it. You want to connect everything fast and easy? Proably others will have it the same way as you do.

People so many times say that everything computer related is "dont blame the victims for their lack of knowledge".

I dont get into a formula F1 and try to race because I know I might get killed.
Why do people always have to assume that Computers are fool-proof? (and they are still very good at it btw).

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
So it's not okay for me to have a device that is capable of taking pictures/video (speaking hypothetically), but it is okay for me to go around kicking people off of a WiFi network because I don't like what they might be doing? Regardless, if I REALLY want to take a video of you for some strange reason, It's not terribly hard to do it even without an internet connection.

I don't remember who originated this, but I'll say it anyway: Freedom means you can do what you want within legal borders, but it also means that other people can do things that you don't like. And, I'm VERY much opposed to the whole "don't blame the victims" line of thought, and while I catch a lot of flak for saying things like this, if you don't want someone having access to something, don't create/expose it for them to have access to in the first place. Sure, in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to worry about securing things that should be private to you alone, but this is not a perfect world and attempted invasion of privacy is going to be a reality no matter what you do. You CANNOT stop it, and there are a lot of people that would do well to accept that instead of ignoring the fact and then complaining when something does happen to them.

</comment-section-rant>

zangetsu-san

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
why do the press think that anyone using google glass MUST be doing something evil and immoral ?

kind of like the argument the government snoops use, "criminals have been known to use phones so we must monitor everyones conversations ..."

silly paranoid folks want to tell me what tools i can and can not use ? frakk that

Status
Not open for further replies.