Dadahack TAP3 Brings an Old-School to MP3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
But can you spin it on a biro to fast-forward / rewind like I used to as a kid to save the batteries on my walkman? :D

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
It's not just a faux cassette, you can pop it in your old walkman/cassette deck and listen to it too. There's magnetic tape in that thing

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Not wishing to question the article, but component in the centre of the tape path at the bottom of the "cassette" looks identical to the type used in mp3 player \ cassette adapters, its not magnetic tape, but a component that can be read by an old cassette players play head. These things are turned out so cheap that I dont doubt that it could be included even at the asking price...

Chipi

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]ksampanna[/nom]It doesn't. Read the second last line.[/citation]
Do you always believe what you read? Then feast your eyes on the OFFICIAL product page where it clearly says "plays in ordinary compact cassette players".
Also, look at the second picture. Notice something in the middle, right there where a normal cassette player would read the data?

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jabliese[/nom]Hey Rico"plays in ordinary compact cassette players"follow link, click more for full description.[/citation]

At first I was thinking that making something like this just seems like unnecessary waste of resources, but somehow the fact that it can play in actual cassette players makes it seem ok...

G

I have something like this, purchased in 2003-2004 when the first DAplayers became available. The only down was the battery life.
Instead of using the tape player's rotational energy to charge or play mp3's the player itself does nothing with the rotational energy of a tape player, and uses the battery to play back the music.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Strange it looks to have a magnetic tape head in the right place to play the songs on a tape player. Shame. Its not hard to do it at all.

I built my own tape adapter back in the day from an old tape busted tape player and headphone cable. so this is not hard to add to that thing.

tmc

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Back in the day.. there were versions of this w/o sd slot that had 2gb internal memory & the mag adapter worked! Dunno why SD is such a "killer feature" as SD will be transforming to the NEXT gen standard by next year & these will be mostly obsolete XDHC will replace sdhc with capacities upwards of 2tb.. entry level will be 32gb. Now it's up to the flash industry to get price into sane levels.. but however you slice it-- w/o a display of basic trac information (a 15 cent part in mass production) this is virtually worthless. Too many possible tracks can fit on a 2gb device to NOT have a reasonable interface. Playlists are NOT ENOUGH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.