Damaged Display. Can I Reset the Phone?

Demo_Beta_v2

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Well, I just crushed my phone (Motorola Razr Maxx) this morning in the reclining chair and the screen is totally inoperable; just green pixels and bright white dots.

The phone itself is still functional as I can hear it receiving messages and I have access to all of my files by connecting it to a PC. This being the case, is there a way I can do a factory reset through Windows or the hard keys on the phone? Perhaps there is a function in Google to remove my account from the phone that I'm not seeing?

Cheers.

Solution
Depends on what version of Android version you're using. Most versions of Android allow content to be cleared by:

1. Go to settings.
2. Hit "Backup and reset"
3. Hit "Reset phone".

Note that doing so is exactly the same as formatting a hard drive. Be sure to backup any critical data before attempting this.

Demo_Beta_v2

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Does anyone know if manually deleting files though Windows will de facto wipe the phone?

Should I delete all files?

It's either this or I'll take a center punch to the memory chips before mailing it in for a replacement.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Depends on what version of Android version you're using. Most versions of Android allow content to be cleared by:

1. Go to settings.
2. Hit "Backup and reset"
3. Hit "Reset phone".

Note that doing so is exactly the same as formatting a hard drive. Be sure to backup any critical data before attempting this.

Solution