Damaged Laptop Screen

ilovechem

Estimable
May 25, 2015
YcPzbsT
Any idea guys how to fix this, one day when I woke up there is a flashing lines
YcPzbsT
at the bottom of my screen and it seems like getting larger the first time I noticed it is just a narrow straight line at the bottom of my screen and now it becomes a series of straight lines

I hope you could give me your suggestions and what action should I take
Thank You

My Laptop
Asus K55VJ-SX074H

Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM 2.40GHz 6M Cache, up to 3.40GHz
Chipset: Intel® HM77 Express Chipset
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Display:15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
Graphic: nVidia GeForce GT635 2GB GDDR3 VRAM
Storage: 2.5" SATA 1TB 5400rpm

Here is a gif of my Damaged Laptop Screen
http://imgur.com/YcPzbsT

Solution
First thing to do is connect the laptop to an external monitor and see if that issue is replicated on an external monitor.
If you do not see the same issue on the external monitor then it is most likely a hardware fault with your laptop screen and you should just have to replace the screen. If it DOES replicate on an external monitor, it is most likely an issue with your GPU on the motherboard, which means it is probably failing. The only way to fix that issue, if it is the GPU, is a replacement of the Motherboard.
First thing to do is connect the laptop to an external monitor and see if that issue is replicated on an external monitor.
If you do not see the same issue on the external monitor then it is most likely a hardware fault with your laptop screen and you should just have to replace the screen. If it DOES replicate on an external monitor, it is most likely an issue with your GPU on the motherboard, which means it is probably failing. The only way to fix that issue, if it is the GPU, is a replacement of the Motherboard.

Solution