Damaged Sony Vaio LCD Screen (vertical lines)

G

Hi guys.

Firstly I would like to apologise incase I am repeating what other people have
discussed in the past, but please have a quick read and post your thoughts on my situation. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR61E and it's about 1 year old. About a week ago I turned on the laptop to find that the LCD display was distorted.
On the Windows startup pages, it looks like there are tiny, coloured and blurred dots across the whole screen. Then once I log on and the desktop loads up there are several vertical lines covering the whole display (they appear green). On Firefox/Internet Explorer, google for example, there are multiple pink lines. It seems these lines show up most on a white background (just like the Google background).

I connected an external Samsung 22" LCD to the laptop via a VGA cable and on this external monitor the display was fine, just how it should be. Using duelscreens, the display on laptop was still distorted with lines, whereas on the external monitor it was fine.

Next I replaced the laptop's LCD, the motherboard to LCD cable, and the inverter. However I still have the same problem with the distortion and vertical lines. Im now completely out of ideas and baffled to what could be the problem.

Any help or advice is much appreciated guys.
Thanks for reading!

copenhagenlc

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/11/sony-finally-admits-nvidia-chips-are-borking-its-laptops-offers/

Bad Ghx Card, your model should have an extended warranty, contact sony.