Darth Vader Announces Star Wars Sets for Blu-ray

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]
You are the reason why my company exit the PC market and almost collapsed.
You are the reason why DRM continues to cripple lives.
You are the reason why my 50Mbps line is throttled to 2Mbps after 2GB of data.

You, sir, are everything that I fundamentally loathe.

You are the reason why my company exit the PC market and almost collapsed.You are the reason why DRM continues to cripple lives.You are the reason why my 50Mbps line is throttled to 2Mbps after 2GB of data.You, sir, are everything that I fundamentally loathe.[/citation]

You sir, are an *ss hole.

1. Copyright laws are out dated.
2. DRM 'crippling lives?' What are you talking about? Lives?
3. The amount of data is not the issue. The amount of bandwidth and our infrastructure is (assuming you're talking about America).

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
fun fact, there have been studies and some movies have actually lost picture quality going from dvd to blueray as some companites will not recapture off the film itself and actually just reformat... doubt they'll do it with a film as big as star wars... but buyer beware. me i'll keep my vhs special seditions till i can get a legal digital copy

and i agree peopl who torrent are stealing and thiefs deserve to be punished via restitution and possible imprisonment to learn to respect other people's property

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
How much "never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes" can there be? They are adding more with every release. Are they creating those and pretending they're from the 70's?

Still, I won't lie : 1080p original trilogy where Han shot first does sound good...

G

[citation][nom]thearm[/nom]You sir, are an *ss hole.1. Copyright laws are out dated.2. DRM 'crippling lives?' What are you talking about? Lives?3. The amount of data is not the issue. The amount of bandwidth and our infrastructure is (assuming you're talking about America).[/citation]

Copyright laws are out dated? What the hell are you talking about? It's a simple matter of demand and supply. Nobody demanded our PC products any more because they were cracked and distributed on torrent websites, it's as simple as that.

In that respect, I hope you're not trying to defend piracy. If you are, then you're truly the worst kind of pirate there is.

G

[citation][nom]thearm[/nom]You sir [...][/citation]
Furthermore, thank you for validating exactly my point with #3.

G

I can't wait until i will be able to find those blurays at Goodwill/thriftshops/pawnshops...right now you can find the VHS and dvd versions of both trilogys...really cheap...LOL yes i'm a cheapo but i'm legal...no torrents or digital copies are allowed...i want the originals and i'm willing to wait !

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]How much "never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes" can there be?
Still, I won't lie : 1080p original trilogy where Han shot first does sound good...[/citation]
There isn't much... theres about 15mins of New Hope floating around. I actually saw Star Wars in the 70s and it always bugged me that the video version cut out Luke introducing Leia to Biggs before getting in his X-Wing fighter. It messes up things cause when BIGGs get blown away - you see both Luke and Leia upset about his death. Duh, Leia just meet the guy and knew Biggs and Luke grew up together. In the re-mastered New Hope, Lucas thankfully re-added that shot.

Or when I saw Empire Strikes Back - I saw the version in theaters in which R2 Looks up and see's a Snow-creature looking at him (What we see, the Imperial AT-AT's are coming and snow falls on R2's head, but in the original script and filmed - the Wampa/Snow Monsters attacked the Rebal base too, which would have been kind-of stupid during a major high-tech battle) - so that "eye shot" was rather confusing.

So theres always plenty on the cutting room floor... Check out Extended Avatar, but it has about another 40mins of un-finished shots/scenes and while its good to see it, some of it was garbage.... besides making the moving almost 4hrs long. :) But I do wish the Extended DVD/BR Avatar was shown in Theaters as the launch of the Shuttle from the StarShip was very cool and would have been cool to see in 3D. But that's marketing... to get people to see more by buying the discs.

DRM does SUCK, I hate it. But I do buy my discs... :)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]You are the reason why DRM continues to cripple lives..[/citation]
While this is an exaggeration, DRM really is getting out of hand. I bought an e-reader back in October and trying to load books onto my reader PURCHASED from various sources is such a pain. I had to register accounts with multiple sites just to get a single book to work. Now I've learned to just buy the books I want and strip the DRM off myself. Woe to the e-book industry once the torrent sites start listing more books.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
For all those complaining about torrents this is for you :
IDIOTS,
WE PAY FOR THE INTERNET
AND THEPIRATEBAY IS ON THE INTERNET
AND UTORRENT IS ON THE INTERNET
AND ALL THE TRACKERS ARE ON THE INTERNET
so I will download this blu ray set :)
And enjoy every moments of it.
And I've got unlimited bandwith suckkkkeerr :)

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]You are the reason why my company exit the PC market and almost collapsed.You are the reason why DRM continues to cripple lives.You are the reason why my 50Mbps line is throttled to 2Mbps after 2GB of data.You, sir, are everything that I fundamentally loathe.[/citation]

You are the reason theres idiots running around charging people $50million lawsutis LOOLO

YOU SIR GO HOME!

G

[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]You are the reason theres idiots running around charging people $50million lawsutis LOOLOYOU SIR GO HOME![/citation]

I... am at home?

There are words coming off of your keyboard but none of them are making any sense.

It looks like you're trying to defend piracy! :) Would you like assistance?

Moron.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]For all those complaining about torrents this is for you :IDIOTS,WE PAY FOR THE INTERNETAND THEPIRATEBAY IS ON THE INTERNETAND UTORRENT IS ON THE INTERNETAND ALL THE TRACKERS ARE ON THE INTERNETso I will download this blu ray set And enjoy every moments of it.And I've got unlimited bandwith suckkkkeerr[/citation]

You're an idiot, a thief and that sums it all.

Now, I'm no fan of the RIAA or MPAA - they're the cause of half the problems...

You're on the Earth,
We're on the Earth...
So therefore we can go to your house and take your stuff.

G

[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]You're an idiot, a thief and that sums it all.Now, I'm no fan of the RIAA or MPAA - they're the cause of half the problems...You're on the Earth,We're on the Earth...So therefore we can go to your house and take your stuff.[/citation]

+1.

There's no excuse at all to defend piracy (even if you are a pirate - at least have the balls to admit that what you do is wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.