Dead Bodies Showing Up on Street View Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]Wow.. I know it's a lot of data but Google should at least go over the pics first...[/citation]

Or the guys driving the cars could take note of the places where they come across disturbing situations and flag photos that they feel need manual review.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i know it is hundreds of thousands of photos, but they don't have some interns they can put in front of a computer to do this? or have some "report" button?
on an unrelated note, Antarctica has streets?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]I think if you are going to add a warning it should actually be a pre-load page. Or even something like spoilers on a forum.[/citation]

Anyone viewing the page from the Tom's Guide homepage or tomshardware.com/news will see the warning before they click through. The front page of TH doesn't allow headlines over a certain amount of characters and does not show the post's lead (the part of every article that is in bold), so yes, people clicking through from there will not be warned until after they click but this was the best I could do.

subgum

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I saw plenty of crazy things like that during my time spent in Brazil, so they can plan on running into PLENTY more things like this!

G

They should leave them up there so you know what you are getting into if you plan to travel there.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]I think if you are going to add a warning it should actually be a pre-load page. Or even something like spoilers on a forum.[/citation]

"Dead Bodies Showing Up on Street View Brazil" want enough of a warning?

i question the intelligence of humanity allot and i give them enough credit, but do i give you to much?

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
I never realized how violent it was in brazil... the only brazilian i even knew was blanka, and he seemed pretty crazy.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
So we can Photoshop out faces to hide identities but we can't show dead bodies with blood and guts oozing from their corpses? Makes sense.

/sarcasm

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]on an unrelated note, Antarctica has streets?[/citation]

There's nothing in Antarctica, it's just that Google couldn't fire someone who brought an iPhone to work so they sent them to Antarctica instead

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Or the guys driving the cars could take note of the places where they come across disturbing situations and flag photos that they feel need manual review.[/citation]

These are the same drivers that are in the news getting tickets from the police all the time too.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It's the new Google view, cemetery view it's a beta launch..... dead people & dead penguins.
Why can't they be there while it's happening or help in catching the people who are doing it??? Why is it that it's always after or before the crime that they turn up???
There ought to be better use of gMaps and gSV not just picking on the dead guys or driving into lake, it ought to be able to stop such stuff from happening....
Isn't that the whole point of progress??

marokero

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Soon there will be pictures of the Google Maps car driver being jacked. Or Google will have difficulty getting further imagery because people steal the cameras off the cars. For all the progress that Brazil has made in the last 20 years, there still remains MUCH social and political issues to be addressed. I know, I used to live there, lived through hyper inflation, lived through a mugging at age 8, relatives and friends being car jacked, my house being broken into, tourists getting their hands chopped off for their nice watches/jewelry/Nike shoes, etc. Most of it still goes on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.