Deciding on a laptop

Solution
If you want to spend more, then that looks like a good option. I'd say that gaming performance for the money is greater with it than with the laptop in your first post and it'd definitively play games pretty well. The GTX 675MX performs somewhere around the GTX 650 Ti IIRC. It's not incredible, but it'll play games much better than a GTX 660M. It has almost double the memory bandwidth and almost triple the GPU cores of the 660M, granted the lower GPU frequency leaves the GPU at *only* around twice as fast.

IDK if you're interested in this, but the GTX 675MX should also be great at overclocking. It's memory should have a lot of headroom without increasing heat generation by much and IDK about it's GPU cooling, but the GPU, if its...

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
It doesn't seem bad, although I think that it may be on the expensive side for the performance that it offers. Regardless, it should do the job adequately, just don't expect a high-end experience from it's graphics card. It should play any game out now and in the forseeable future for the next few years, just not necessarily with great performance except in lower settings/resolution for the more intensive games.

tybutters

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Wow that site is pretty helpful, Im gonna search a little more tonight and see if I can do better with $1100 or so. Thanks!

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Although inferior, it's CPU is still more than enough, so I wouldn't count that against it.
Although it has less memory, 8GB is still plenty, so I wouldn't count that against it.
It has a similar if not identical graphics card.
Other than the smaller screen, it may be a better deal for you. If you don't mind a 14" screen, then it looks like the lower price is worth considering.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
If you want to spend more, then that looks like a good option. I'd say that gaming performance for the money is greater with it than with the laptop in your first post and it'd definitively play games pretty well. The GTX 675MX performs somewhere around the GTX 650 Ti IIRC. It's not incredible, but it'll play games much better than a GTX 660M. It has almost double the memory bandwidth and almost triple the GPU cores of the 660M, granted the lower GPU frequency leaves the GPU at *only* around twice as fast.

IDK if you're interested in this, but the GTX 675MX should also be great at overclocking. It's memory should have a lot of headroom without increasing heat generation by much and IDK about it's GPU cooling, but the GPU, if its cooling is goo enough, can probably handle a much higher frequency.

Solution

tybutters

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Ill probably go with the cyber then. I plan on overclocking it anyway so Its a much better option for me just a bit more expensive. Plus I just found 5% off on it. Hooray for me.

Thanks!