Decisions, Decisions.. Windows 7 or 8?

GamingInMyBrains

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,
I'm not sure what processors are good or what not, but I want a laptop that will run Camtasia Studio, Photoshop, Emulators/ROMs, iTunes, and YouTube videos good. Something that will hold many audio, document, and photo files as well. The catch is I can only order online and wondering if I should go Windows 7 or 8. Keep in mind I only have $340 to spend. (Tax is covered.)

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
You will get a lot of difference in opinion on this. People have there own preferences. I Think windows 8 runs smoothly boots fast and can do everything windows 7 can. You can run it from desktop mode which is much like 7.
The apps are slick and i think fun to play around with. Unlike what a lot of people have said. I haven't ran into any compatibility issues. I would say if you have windows 7 keep it and do not upgrade....but if you need to buy a fresh copy of a OS...why not windows 8!. it is really inexpensive right now and can do everything windows 7 and more. It does take a couple hours to play around with to figure everything out. but to me that was not a big deal.

^^^

Depends on the brand. Someone posted about wanting to downgrade a newly purchased Sony laptop because he hated Win 8. Unfortunately, Sony does not provide Win 7 drivers so he is stuck with the laptop and Win 8 (because it has been over a month since he bought it).

GamingInMyBrains

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Well, I'm only fiveteen, so I dont know much. I think you're giving me the best information though. I recieved a Windows XP Dell that ran SO slow and was refurbished with a speaker and returned it back for the $150 my parents paid for to begin with (at Christmas). I have looked at Walmart, Office Depot, and BestBuy for laptops, and I would like to be able to play games and upload to my YouTube Channel every other day, but with the Dell, I believe the computer was faulty and not be able to run the Camtasia Recorder without lag and such of blinking screens on that laptop. I also had an IBM ThinkPad that worked and everything (from the same Dell guy, which came after this one), but then the monitor broke and showed barely anything. Just a faded away screen with little backlight. Please reply to me ASAP, or email me at: readerryan@yahoo.com

I would like to order my laptop in the next day or two. :p

GamingInMyBrains

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Well Brett, do you sell 8 as well? And I found a 15.6" Lenovo on Amazon. And it's dual-core processor, 5hr battery life, led backlight screen, 500gb drive and yeah. Does it sound good enough?

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I prefer windows 8 with classic shell installed. Functions like windows 7 with classic shell but you get all the other improvements like better task manager, better feedback on file transfers, better boot times, etc. Im not sure I would recommend upgrading from 7 to 8 but if your buying new I think 8 is the right move.

Hi :)

I assume the "all games that work with 7 will work with 8" was a JOKE ?

Just search here and you will find a fair few that wont....

And the app store SELLS games and apps.... most not free...

Basically 8 is going the way of Vista (reputation wise)

NO reason to update to 8...particularly for a gamer....VERY bad idea...

Stick with 7...

All the best Brett :)