Dedicated Halo 2 Fans Refuse to Let Game Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapnick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Like lots of other people I have spent many hours playing one of the Halo games but now there are so many games that can provide better or equal to game experience. I see no reason to still be playing halo 2 online anymore. Just my thoughts though.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
This mentality with Counter-Strike for the PC has kept a lot of good titles from ever gaining online fame. People just refuse to move on and once you are addicted its like leaving a piece of your body behind to do so. I understand it but at the same times its frustrating to see new titles come out with no online activity because all FPS gamers are stuck with 3 main games.

G

Guess they never heard of Xbox Connect. I've been playin Halo 2 with people around the world for free since it came out.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Good for them. Not letting the big corporations tell them what they can and cannot play. Just like any (older, or otherwise) pc games, user supported servers keep those games alive and doing well.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]Did anyone tell them that they can buy it for the PC and play it online?[/citation]

I have it for the pc and have yet to get it working correctly. Granted I am playing on a laptop, but the mouse movement is extremely hard to deal with. A while back I spent a week trying to figure out a fix for the sketchy mouse controls but never found anything. I haven't played since then.

Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with what these people did. I don't think it was about pissing Microsoft off, or even about how they can't live without Halo 2. I think it was just their tribute to one of the best XBL games ever.

They will pull the plug soon enough. I'm sure of it.

mouser21

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hinder? Why? Because some people will stick with a superior game even if it's old instead of shelling out cash every month for a subpar and unimaginative game with a huge production budget. Make GOOD games...not expensive ones. I'll gladly sacrifice some graphics for solid gameplay. Been playing CS since 1.3 and still switch between 1.6 and Source. If it's good, it's good period. It was good then, so it's still good now. Time doesn't make it less fun. Oh...and by the way, nebun....Halo 2 and CSS are from the 21st century, douche. You act like it's been ages since they've been released. Are you 12?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mouser21[/nom]Hinder? Why? Because some people will stick with a superior game even if it's old instead of shelling out cash every month for a subpar and unimaginative game with a huge production budget. Make GOOD games...not expensive ones. I'll gladly sacrifice some graphics for solid gameplay. Been playing CS since 1.3 and still switch between 1.6 and Source. If it's good, it's good period. It was good then, so it's still good now. Time doesn't make it less fun. Oh...and by the way, nebun....Halo 2 and CSS are from the 21st century, douche. You act like it's been ages since they've been released. Are you 12?[/citation]

by the sounds of this guy sounds like he is still on windows 95 still trying to play his 10+ year old copy of leisure suit Larry

LOL FAIL

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]LOL @ ConsolesWe are still playing CSS (older then Halo 2), and no one can shut OUR server down![/citation]
We are still Playing Counter Strike 1.6 ... look at steam stats for top 3 played games for today:

58,946 74,495 Counter-Strike: Source
55,645 73,468 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 MP
48,823 61,508 Counter-Strike

LOL CS:S has more players than MW2! Funny how CS 1.6 is third and its release date was 1999! Reason being the game-play is flawless and competitive (and Vavle takes care of their community like non other with updates and what not!!!).

Halo is so for 12 year old kids who live with their parrents! Doesnt matter what version they play :p . Console + FPS = Fail

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]I have it for the pc and have yet to get it working correctly. Granted I am playing on a laptop, but the mouse movement is extremely hard to deal with. A while back I spent a week trying to figure out a fix for the sketchy mouse controls but never found anything. I haven't played since then.Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with what these people did. I don't think it was about pissing Microsoft off, or even about how they can't live without Halo 2. I think it was just their tribute to one of the best XBL games ever.They will pull the plug soon enough. I'm sure of it.[/citation]

Buy it for the PC and buy a 360 controller. Problem solved.

mouser21

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]by the sounds of this guy sounds like he is still on windows 95 still trying to play his 10+ year old copy of leisure suit LarryLOL FAIL[/citation]

Nah. Just on my i7-930 and 5870 getting bored with POS multiplayer games like MW2 and find myself enjoying 400 fps in CSS MUCH more like most gamers. You seem a little older than the other fellow...maybe 14. I bet you loved Avatar!11 ROFLCOPTERLOLZ Newturd.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]LOL @ ConsolesWe are still playing CSS (older then Halo 2), and no one can shut OUR server down![/citation]

CSS? Man I still fire up UT99 from time to time.

mouser21

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]crom[/nom]CSS? Man I still fire up UT99 from time to time.[/citation]

and this too. It just seems that new gamers didn't play older games and immediately judge them as terrible based on graphics and that's a comparison older games just can't win. But there was a lot of groundbreaking games that people take the mechanics for granted now and the industry has become a bit lazy...relying on big budget graphics to make up for lack of effort in actually making a fun game with fantastic replay value. Take this for instance...there hasn't been a good Final Fantasy game since IX on PS One (except XI). Great games seem to come a lot less frequently than before. Maybe it's just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS