Default exsd lg4

Pamela_30

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
How do I set my Micro SD card as a default on my lg4.I have a 128 gig card and 22% is on the card my camera is set to SD card and everything that you are allowed to set on your external SD card is on it. My memory on my phone is 66% .I have to buy a flash drive and it doesn't let me see my Drive or Google photos I want to take out.How to remove everything is my question without looking it.I also have a Terabyte Seagate external hard drive I moved everything to but it still says the internal and external on my phone is still the same.

Solution
So, to set an SD card as the default storage you need to 1. Have a device already running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. The phone needs to not have had this option restricted by the manufacturer, which does happen. NOTE: You can't set anything else as the main storage, only phones or SD cards.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Pamela_30 : "How to make my lg4 sd card my default location"

So, to set an SD card as the default storage you need to 1. Have a device already running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. The phone needs to not have had this option restricted by the manufacturer, which does happen. NOTE: You can't set anything else as the main storage, only phones or SD cards.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution