Dekstop pc + entry-level laptop or only high-end laptop?

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hey guys, I'm a freshman in Software Engineering and I have few options to choose from:
1. Should I keep my dekstop pc (i5,GTX660, 8GB RAM...) and buy entry/mid-level laptop for ~750 dollars;
or
2. Should I sell my dekstop pc and buy mid/high-end ~1500 dollar laptop?

Laptop is for coding/little bit of gaming/internet/movies. What you think, forum?

Thanks for anwsers.

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

MeteorsRaining

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

Lenovo has a decent battery, not the best, but does last a while. Its pretty expensive for the features IMO, 4GB RAM, 768p display.

G

Some laptops/notebooks manufacturer/brands still use 768p so that a weak modern and cheap GPU can play at full settings at a significantly lower cost

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I've heard Acer have some cheap casings and one colleague had to change same Acer laptop 3 times in a row just because HDD was failing. So, guys could you recommend me anything <750$(taxes included)? It's 2000 Litas in Lithuania, can't overclimb it though.

G

My acer is 6 years old and still going strong, its perfomance is as it was bought yesterday, the case and the HDD are 100% okay, your friend just had /very/ bad luck. I just bought a new laptop but that's because this hardware is outdated by 6 years