Deleted gallery photos

Littlesweettink

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I moved photos from my Galaxy Tab A gallery to an sd card to free up space. I then deleted the gallery photos, but it deleted from both. Why did this happen and how do i get them back?

Well, when you move them to the card from the phone and then try to delete them from the gallery, you are just deleting the images that you moved to the card. Sounds like the gallery was set up to show images from both the phone and the card so it deleted both. You can try the following to recover and, if you get them back, I would suggest connecting the phone to a computer via USB cord and moving all the photos to a folder on the computer. Then disconnect the phone from the computer and clear out anything related to the pictures on the phone. Once done, reconnect the phone to the computer and copy those photos over to the SD card directly. I say copy in this case, as leaving a copy on the computer as a back up is wise.

While there is no guaranty that you can get them back. Deleted does mean deleted. There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECUVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

NOTE: For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Littlesweettink

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017