Solved! Deleting Google Cloud Print (even though it no longer exists)

briteside777

Commendable
Oct 1, 2018
Hi! So, I am not tech savvy. Please excuse any dumb things I may say about my issue. I have been using Google Cloud Print from my phone and tablet. As of February 8, it's " gone". I now see it was to be discontinued by the end of 2020, but it still worked for me until a couple days ago. I can't disable it. I think that's affecting my ability to print coupons. I can actually still print already saved documents, but now when I try to print from coupons,com, it goes to the "dead" GCP page, with the message that it's gone/moved. My research had some advice for disabling GCP, but nothing is working. Not sure, but it seems I need to get rid of GCP, as it seems to be interfering. I do extreme couponing, so not being able to print is costing me money. Any advice about what I need to do would be appreciated. 🙂

Solution
Hi! So, I am not tech savvy. Please excuse any dumb things I may say about my issue. I have been using Google Cloud Print from my phone and tablet. As of February 8, it's " gone". I now see it was to be discontinued by the end of 2020, but it still worked for me until a couple days ago. I can't disable it. I think that's affecting my ability to print coupons. I can actually still print already saved documents, but now when I try to print from coupons,com, it goes to the "dead" GCP page, with the message that it's gone/moved. My research had some advice for disabling GCP, but nothing is working. Not sure, but it seems I need to get rid of GCP, as it seems to be interfering. I do extreme couponing, so not being able to print is...

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Hi! So, I am not tech savvy. Please excuse any dumb things I may say about my issue. I have been using Google Cloud Print from my phone and tablet. As of February 8, it's " gone". I now see it was to be discontinued by the end of 2020, but it still worked for me until a couple days ago. I can't disable it. I think that's affecting my ability to print coupons. I can actually still print already saved documents, but now when I try to print from coupons,com, it goes to the "dead" GCP page, with the message that it's gone/moved. My research had some advice for disabling GCP, but nothing is working. Not sure, but it seems I need to get rid of GCP, as it seems to be interfering. I do extreme couponing, so not being able to print is costing me money. Any advice about what I need to do would be appreciated. 🙂

It depends on how Cloud Print is integrated on your device and your Android version. You can try this, however.

1. On your phone, open the Settings app .
  2. Tap Connected devices >Connection preferences >Printing.
  3. Tap a print service. (In this case, Google Cloud Print)
  4. Turn the print service on or off.

Solution