Dell Axim x30i (two year old)...will work Window CE 6?

riscy

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I have 2 year old Dell Axim x30i PDA and wondering if this is upgradable for Window CE 6 version when officially released. How much it likely to cost?.

I think it has 256M SD memory (which can be upgraded to 1G if I choose so).

The reason for upgrade that I have Visual Studio 2005 and .net framework 2.0. I aware there is compact framework 2.0, but not clear if CE 6.0 use compact framework 2.0 or 1.1

Riscy

Armagedon

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
You won`t be able to upgrade if there will be no official upgrade for the device.

There isn`t just one Version of a operating system for ppcs like it is for desktop.

If you want to upgrade your desktop you can go to a shop and buy a copy of XP or Linux. For PPCs there need to be a Version of the OS which is "designed" for your device hardware. If there is no version from the vendor you can`t use another.

If you want to develop applications for PPC with .NET 2.0 just go to MS Website and download the 2.0 Compact Framework. At least the framework ist device independent and you can install it on your X30.
You won`t be able to develop apps for WM5 and test them on a real device if you don`t buy a WM5 device or use the Emulator.