I have a Dell laptop and when ever try to boot it, it automatically enters in setup option after the Dell logo screen and when I try to exit setup and restart it again enter in setup ... Its like happening forever. Any idea what should I do
It seems like a hardware problem but please do run these test that may help in identifying the issue.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still load in BIOS, turn off the laptop then remove the HDD. Boot the laptop again and see if it will still load in the BIOS screen.
- If it will get pass the BIOS screen and will load into a black screen with an error that could mean it's the HDD that is faulty.
- But if the same problem will happen while the laptop is out of the laptop that means it's the motherboard.
- Last option if it's the motherboard is to open it and remove the CMOS battery for a second then put it back all together then test it again.