Dell core i3 (Laptop) Bluetooth problem

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
Hello!

I have windows 10 installed on a Dell Core i3 Inpiron (3000 series) machine. Even if the machine have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Windows only shows wifi, no tab to bluetooth to configure it (on Win+I panel). And i can't get to connect this machine with any Bluetooth device. Do any of you guys know what might be the problem here?

Thanks for any input on this.

Solution
Generic driver wouldn't work for bluetooth on a Dell. It has to be manufacturer's Windows 10 driver from Dell's website for that specific laptop model.

Please post all relevant information in your first post in future so we don't make wrong assumptions (for example, your first post led me to believe that your Dell came with Windows 10 already on it - - which I now learn it didn't.

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015

The sticker on the machine says Wireless+Bluetooth. But i just checked, the DM is not listing BT! Do i need to download the BT drivers then?

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015

It came with Ubuntu. I changed the BIOS boot section to Legacy, and installed Win 10, whipping out the ubuntu partition, hoping to dual-boot boot later. Then, probably the BT drivers came with ubuntu got whipped out and Win 10 has no generic BT drivers?

Generic driver wouldn't work for bluetooth on a Dell. It has to be manufacturer's Windows 10 driver from Dell's website for that specific laptop model.

Please post all relevant information in your first post in future so we don't make wrong assumptions (for example, your first post led me to believe that your Dell came with Windows 10 already on it - - which I now learn it didn't.

Solution

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015

Sorry Phillip, i forgot to mention about Ubuntu. Ok, i'll check the Dells' web to find a driver. Thanks guys for the help!! I'll post an update after trying to find a solution.

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
I tried both Auto and manual installation in WIndows 10 drivers download section on Dell's website. But nothing works :( The auto driver detection system didn't even show a missing bluetooth driver. Then i manually downloaded the only Win 10 bluetooth driver, but it won't install.

rgd1101

Don't

What the error? download the correct version 64bit or 32bit?

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
Sorry for the late reply. Yes it's (namely: Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth4.0+HS Driver) both for x32 and x64, and supports Win10 and my machine version. But it won't install. Error message is just "The update installer operation is unsuccessful.". Maybe creating an elevated admin account and installing via it might fix the problem? I'll try that too.