bzand

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I recived a dell d830 with 2gb ram, a t7250 core2duo(2ghz) 80gb hd, and Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X31003. Im loving the laptop as a media server and torrent machine but I installed oblivion and am disappointed. The game installed fine but the opeing introduction video play terrible and kept freezing. After I finished that I started to play and found out that I was getting an average of 2-4 fps while playing which was making the game almost unplayable.However, when I paused the game id jump to 30-40fps which was great. I than played around and set the game to the very low setting and it jumped to arouns 15-20fps much better but with a terrible resolution and no textures ruining the expience. Iv tried all settings but they get worse. Any suggestions on what I can do to the game? I really don't know much about gaming nor graphics so please feel free to correct anything I may have said wrong. Also I'm not going to upgrade this laptop as why waste the money.

Solution

That laptop should be able to play older less demanding titles.
Try half life 2 or team fortress 2.

bzand

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Yea I know. Just though I would try as I don't have my own pc and this was free

bzand

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
Yea 2gb is pushing it. Ddr2 is so expensive though my fruend has a stockpile of laptop parts he said if he found any I could have it.

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

That laptop should be able to play older less demanding titles.
Try half life 2 or team fortress 2.

Solution