Question Dell G3 CPU fan grinding noise

Aug 22, 2019
Hi! Looking for some advice on my laptop. It is relatively new (about 4 months old) and recently the CPU fan has begun making a very strange grinding noise. I have opened it up and cleared out all the dust I could find but the noise continues. The noise seems to respond to movement eg. a light slap on the body to the right of the track pad. It's probably worth noting that I recently replaced the screen on my laptop so the warranty is likely dud. Also, the noise begun a few days / a week after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Recording of noise: View: https://soundcloud.com/lil_lanky/fan-noise-g3/s-ccwBc

Laptop Model : Dell G3 15 3000

You included a double (well partial double) of the url for the sound in your post. The first instance is actually not complete (url cut off).

That is definitely not a good sound. If it is doing this and it is thatnew I would normally say contact the manufacturer. However since you stated you replaced the display, not sure it will work or not. You still may want to try contacting them. As long as the work you did in no way could effect the fan.

Should they not allow for it (which wouldn't shock me if they didn't) then the only thing I can suggest is replacing the fan.