Question Dell G5 5587 Random Shutdown

Oct 10, 2021
I own a Dell G5 15 5587 that’s approximately 3 years old. It has run without any issues up until a couple days ago. I was playing games and it just shut off randomly and I didn’t think too much of it since I thought it had just overheated. I let it sit until it had cooled down and turned it back on and continued without any problems. However, the next day I went to turn it back on and it shut off like 10 seconds into the start up, so I thought it couldn’t have overheated this time. I did a hard reset and turned it back on and tried doing a BIOS diagnostic test and I got the error stating the battery was nearing the end of its usable life. I assumed I just needed a new battery so I ordered one and left the laptop untouched until I received the new one. I replaced the battery no problem, turned it on, assuming that was the fix however it shut off about 10 seconds into the startup once again. I have no idea what the problem is now since I was under the impression it was the old battery.

I’d appreciate any help!

My specs are:
Dell g5 5587
16gb [8x2]
Core i5 8300h
Nvidia 1060 6gb Max Q

Oct 10, 2021
It actually might have something to do with the fans because when I’m in the BIOS menu the laptop is fine, however, once I start the diagnostic test the and the fans startup it shuts off immediately.

I’ll see if I can get any dust out and try it again.

Oct 10, 2021
Update:
I disassembled the laptop, cleaned it, replaced fans, reapplied thermal paste and the problem still persists.
The machine just shuts off right at boot and if I run a diagnostic test through the Bios, it shuts off as well. I am all out of options, I have no idea what to do now…