Dell has abandoned laptop after-sales service - Can anybody suggest solutions?

RahulRathore2769

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
I refer to my Inspiron N4110.
Since more than a month, I have been facing the problem of my laptop overheating and automatically shutting down. Through diagnostics I found that the fan was not working.
On 1st August 2014 I personally drove down to the authorized Dell Carry-In Service Center
M/s Digicomp Complete Solutions Ltd, J-29, Sector-18, Gutam Budh Nagar, Noida- 201301 Uttar Pradesh India and showed the laptop to the staff.
The staff ran the diagnostics and confirmed that the fan was not working. However, to my shock, they informed me that Dell had put all non-warranty repairs on hold indefinitely. They refused to confirm any date by which the repairs would be resumed. They merely condescended to note down my mobile number 9871230888 vaguely telling me that they would inform me when services would resume.
Unfortunately till today I have received no call or sms informing me of resumption of services. Every day I am suffering disruption in my work due to overheating laptop. This is so disappointing. The only reason I had chosen to purchase a Dell Laptop is because of their reputation for after sales services. I could never have imagined that they would simply abandon servicing their laptops and would not even carry out a simple repair of my laptop fan.
I posted on the Dell Community but instead of resolution to my problem, I merely got a threatening legal note for violating their terms of service by identifying their service agents.

G

I am sorry but I don't work for dell, there's nothing I can do (although I could post a review with 50 sad faces on their website, but I won't). Most you can do is have another company do the repair or buy a laptop cooler for temporary usage.

Solution - do not buy Dell.

We find lots of problems and very little help from Dell (and HP) here. Machines break down or need upgrading and there is very little info available to help. For example - what other ram can you fit, will a GTX760 fit inside the case, Reviews of Dell power supplies.