Dell Inspiron 1200 Laptop wont boot reward if fixed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LookinAround

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
1) Note that all dell adapters are not intended for use with all dell laptops. That is, they can't all be interchanged. On that note i should ask you: "Are you currently using the original AC adapter that came with the computer or are you using a different one?

2) You asked for help and so trying to help by asking questions and askig them in a particular order. I just finished asking about the flashing battery status lights and also asked you try a couple tests.

- You can ignore my requests (but then why ask of help?).

- You can try your "new adapter" test before anything else. But be aware, it might only yield misleading results because we haven't yet ruled out any underlying problems which could affect the outcome of "try new adapter" test result.

cesarrri12

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
i do have the original AC adapter that comes with the laptop and about the flashing battery status lights it goes off and on what should i do now it works on my friends laptop he has the same my ac works with hes and battery

LookinAround

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
I know the lights go on and off. You already said that. And i replied with a message 11-27-2007 at 03:17:53 PM where i listed 4 very specific things: two questions (one was about those on/off lights) and two things i asked you to try. You haven't answered any of them yet.

(You should see a date and time just above each message posted here. So you should be able to find the message with 4 things clearly listed.)

RufflesTheSalty

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
His dc jack sounds busted. I just changed one in an Dell Inspion 1200, and it was doing the same to me. It sounds like your battery isn't getting any kind of a charge. I suggest replacing the "DC Power Jack". If you don't feel comfortable enough to do it your self, please take it to someone who can. The wrong node desaudered, a circuit blown, and Motherboard heat damage are all possibilities. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

schsrebels

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
i have a question for lookingaround.. i have the same laptop and i have the same problem.. almost.. but mine goes to the blue dell load up screen then it just goes back off? any ideas i been tryin to fix it for litteraly 2 years almost

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

you do realize this topic is almost 5 years old ?

you need to start a new thread