dell inspiron 14 won't start

blackfur23

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
I just bought my inspiron 14 3000 series this year and it has been fine up until now. I left my laptop on sleep mode for a few minutes without the ac adapter plugged in. when I try to use it again, it won't start. There was only these blinking lights; one white followed by 2 ambers repeatedly. I tried removing the battery manually, but it's not working, pls help!

Solution
Unplug the charger, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds, that will reset CMOS. If that doesn't help take it for repairs. Maybe the RAM memory is dead (very common)

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

I noticed that you said you bought the system this year, try looking for the service tag on the underneath of the laptop and go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1 and enter your service tag onto their service tag finder, it will then bring up your laptop and from there you should be able to ask for more support from Dell themselves and you will be able to claim on warranty.

I hope this helps! :)

grana92

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Unplug the charger, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds, that will reset CMOS. If that doesn't help take it for repairs. Maybe the RAM memory is dead (very common)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS