Dell Inspiron 15 3537 running on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit won't boot after a regular shutdown via the start>shut down

Maq___

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi to all!
I have a strange problem with my Dell Inspiron 15 3537 running on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit os.
One day I shutted it down via the regular way:start>shut down and after that when I tried to start it and it wouldn't boot.It showed me black screen and only the power light was on,i tried to start it a few times again but it shutted down or showed black screen,only the power light on and fans working.I somehow managed to boot it and made a format and reinstalled the win thinking that the problem is caused by a virus.It worked well for a few hours then I decided to shut it down,again via the start >shut down and when I tried to start it later the same problem again!Then I somehow managed to start it but this time I got bsod:error stop 0x0000001E and it shutted down for 2 or 3 times.Then I connected it to a LG LCD TV via HDMI and it booted without problem!I ran dell hardware diagnostics tests from the dell support site which lasted for 8 hours.The laptop worked fine and it passed all the hardware tests.After that I ran dell hardware diagnostics tests from the bios and the results were ok!The hardware passed all of the tests.Finally I did a startup repair with the Win 7 installation dvd and the repair showed me this : The following startup option will be repaired name: Windows boot manager and etc. and :The following startup options will be added:Windows recovery enviroment etc. After that repair I decided to shut down the laptop via the same way:start>shut down, and when I tried to start it the same problem!Black screen with only power light on and sound of working fans or shutting down for a several time.What should I do know?Please help me!I want to repair it myself without giving it to a service!Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!Best regards!
p.s I do apologize for my bad English

Hi,

You mentioned that when you connect your laptop into an external monitor (LG TV) it will boot up normally with no problem right? Based from what you said the problem may lie on the LCD of your laptop not the OS. Do try to open your laptop and check if there are any loose connection between the LCD and the motherboard. Do try to reseat the cable just to make sure that it's connected properly into the motherboard. I would suggest replacing the display if the same problem will persist and it would continue working using an external display.

Maq___

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
Dear Laptop_Nerd,firstly I would like to thank you for replying to my post!I've just tried to run the Dell connected to the LG tv but now I got the same problem!It doesn't boot!I really don't know what to do...

Maq___

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
I discovered something new ! The laptop turns on and boots after I make a hard reset (pressing and holding the power button for 60 seconds,before I connect it to the laptop adapter or put the battery on) ! It doesn't need the LG tv!
What do you think this means to be?

ffg7

Splendid
motherboard just needed to be kicked in the butt to get going. had to do that to my laptop a few days ago. just had to do it again a moment ago so put original battery back in as it doesn't do that wereas the spare battery does so maybe the battery is causing the problem. will know in a couple of days when I powerup the laptop again.