Dell inspiron 3543 wont charge when plugged in showing no battery present and turns off when charger is plugged out

amruthsumanth2000

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
i have recently changed my OS from win 8.1 to win 10 and i have purchased K7 total security and performed a complete system scan and from then i had a battery issue showing no battery present and turns off when i plugged out my adapter.

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
1) Is it possible that this is actually a battery issue and not a software issue? I'd boot into the BIOS and then unplug the adapter. If it still turns off, then it's not a software issue but either a timing coincidence or (unlikely) damage caused by the software.
2) Where did you get win10? Was is the online automatic update or a fresh install?
3) Do you have win8 backups that you can test with?

sbgardne

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Hey--

I had a similar issue with an Inspiron 11 3147. It wouldn't charge, so I assumed the battery was completely useless and ordered another. After I replaced the battery, the charging issue remained.

Unlike Latitudes, the Inspiron has a smaller charging plug. The plug has a hollow center that mates with a recessed pin in body of the laptop. That pin was bent, so the charging plug wouldn't insert fully.

I used needle-nose pliers to straighten and center the pin, and carefully inserted the charging plug-- noting that it went deeper and "clicked" into position. With the plug inserted properly, the laptop charged fully and worked fine.

Good luck, HTH.

Feb 27, 2018

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
lgdragon040 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1